Tuesday, August 9, 2011

That Shit

by Misi Tupuola

This poem was inspired by Amanda Diva, who wrote with the same format and title on Def Poetry Jam.

I wanna write some shit that’ll change the world;
I wanna write some shit that’ll attract that girl.
I wanna write some shit that would catch every-one's ear
or something my parents would just be proud to hear.

I wanna write some shit that’ll make my role model say:  “Hey, good job guy”
I wanna be that last poet at the end of the show before you say good-bye.

I wanna write some shit that’ll free Samoa
and then - maybe - some mo’.

I wanna write some shit that’ll make moonlight and sunshine
wanna whine and then dine
with Frankenstein
and at the end they resign
cause Bryan’s head shine
made them blind.
I wanna write some shit that’ll make you listen
so hot it’ll blow up your kitchen
I wanna write some shit that’s hotter than you spittin
but taste way better than Chinese people’s orange chicken.

I wanna write some shit that tells all this plus more-
but I can’t, ‘cause that’s not what I do.

I write poetry on themes and then write whatever’s on my mind and hope it rhymes.
That’s just my style and what I’m comfortable with-

and oh no, I don’t write myths.
See, I write what’s true to me
and add similes here and there
and oh, you better beware,
‘cause I step on toes and fuck up people’s egos
and make their heroes seem like zeros.

That’s the type of “Hot Hot Fire I spit”.  What type of fire you coming wit?  

No comments:

Post a Comment